Purpose of Valuation
What is Purpose of Business Valuation?
Cornerstone Business Sales & Valuations has assisted business owners with professionally prepared business valuations. Professionally determining the right value for your business is essential for any of the following purposes:
- Selling your business
- Provide a lender with a current valuation for a business loan
- Plan for a merger, acquisition or stock offering
- Develop an estate plan or tax plan to protect your wealth
- Transfer of the business into a trust or create a succession plan within the family
- To determine the value of intangible assets, such as copyrights, patents, trademarks or goodwill
- Determine the value of assets and liabilities for a divorce settlement
- Determine Value for partnership dissolution
- Valuations for stamp duty purposes
- Assist lawyers in litigation
- Settlement of an insurance claim
Whatever its purpose, a professionally prepared business valuation can play a key role in helping you achieve your objective.